weberdry BITU coat New Product
20kg plastic pails / 200kg drums
weberdry BITU coat is a single component, bitumen base waterproofing compound. It is designed for reinforced concrete structures such as retaining walls, lift pits, pile caps, ground beams, etc. against penetration of salty ground water and acidic soils.
- New concrete should be cured for at least 28 days and should have a pull off strength ≥1.5 N/mm². Cement or mineral based substrates must be prepared mechanically using abrasive blast cleaning or scarifying equipment to remove cement laitance and to achieve an open textured surface
- Loose friable material and weak concrete must be completely removed and surface defects such as blowholes and voids must be fully exposed.
- Protrusions of more than 3mm must be removed. All intersections of horizontal and vertical surfaces should be profiled with a mortar fillet of 25 x 25 mm.
(refer to our Technical data sheet & Method statement for procedures in detail)
- Eco-friendly with a low VOC
- Ultra-high bonding/elastic properties designed for superior crack-bridging properties
- Easy application to minimize on site application errors
- Concrete protection against acidic soils/salty ground waters
- Do not apply on substrates with rising moisture. Always apply during falling ambient and substrate temperatures. If applied during rising temperatures pin holes may occur from rising air.
- Ensure that temperature does not drop below 8°C and that relative humidity does not exceed 80% until the membrane has fully cured.
- Ensure that the coating is thoroughly dry and the surface is without pinholes before applying any top coat.
- Do not allow temporary ponding to remain between coats on any horizontal surfaces or until the final coating has totally cured. Brush or mop any surface water away during this period.
- Do not apply directly onto insulation boards.
- Protect the waterproofing for 48 hours after the final coat. Do not expose the waterproof coating for a prolonged period of time after application
- It is highly recommended to protect the wall waterproofing membrane with polystyrene or protection board before back filling.
- Minimum joint overlapping is 100mm.