weberprim pro seal IProduct formerly named: BELCEM PRO-SEAL
1, 5, 20 Ltr / Steel drum
specially formulated for application onto Natural Stones (ie. marbles, granites, slates, sandstones, limestones,
quartzite etc.), Porcelain Tiles, Quarry Tiles, Terracotta, Terrazzo, Facing Bricks, Veneer Slice Bricks, Pebblewash, Concrete Pavers, Cementitious Substrate etc. Suitable for use at wall or floor, dry or wet and both internal or external areas.
Suitable for use on Top Surface (polished, honed, flamed or sand blasted), Underside & Edges (4 Sides) of Natural Stone Slabs etc. It provides water and oil repellency properties to surfaces of treated materials for protection against staining (by water or oil) & for easier maintenance.
- weberprim pro seal I, is supplied ready-to-use. No further dilution is required. Stir well before use.
- Preliminary testing on small trial areas is important to determine coverage and compatibility of weberprim pro seal I with materials to be treated.
- Natural Stone Slabs (& other materials) to be treated must be dry, sound and free of contamination eg. grease, oil, dust, laitance etc.
- Do not apply on damp or wet surfaces and during wet weather conditions.
- Apply weberprim pro seal I, to the Underside, Edges (4 Sides) followed by the Top Surface.
- Apply weberprim pro seal I, evenly with a brush, roller or cloth. Ensure that thin even coats are applied; rather than thick or lumpy coats.
- weberprim pro seal I, can be applied as a single coat protective treatment. However more often than not, certain materials may require two (2) or more coats of treatments for effective water & oil repellent result.
- It is advisable to check porosity of material to be treated to determine the number of treatment coats required. Generally, low porosity (dense) material would normally require 1 - 2 coats
of treatment; however porous material may require two (2) or more treatment coats.
- Where a Second Coat is required, allow First Coat to impregnate into the Natural Stone Slab, usually within 30 - 60 minutes, before applying the Second Coat in similar fashion. The timing will vary dependant on porosity or texture of materials to be treated, weather or atmospheric condition etc. Repeat similarly should additional treatment coats are required.
- The Second Coat (Subsequent Coat) must be applied wet on wet; before First Coat (Preceding Coat) dries out or fully cure.
- 1 - 2 hours after application of Final Coat, any residue weberprim pro seal I on the Top Surface (particularly Polished Surfaces) of the Natural Stone Slab which can no longer impregnate must be
buff off (polish) using a clean dry absorbent cloth. Neglecting this may result in a haze like appearance on the surface of the treated Natural Stone Slab.
- weberprim pro seal I, achieves Touch Dry within 2 - 4 hours, but its hydrophobic & oleophobic properties starts to develop within 24 hours. It achieves maximum properties in 5 days.
- Water & oil repellent protection
- Application for top, edge & bottom surface
- Creates an easy cleaning surface
- Approximately 8-12 Ltr per 100m²
- weberprim pro seal I, is solvent-based; therefore apply in areas with good cross ventilation. It is flammable; therefore avoid contact with open fire or sources of ignition during
- Staining or discoloration of Natural Stone Slabs arising from oxidation within the Natural Stone Slab cannot be prevented with treatment of weberprim pro seal I.
- Oil form of spillage should be promptly wipe off. Pro-longed contact may still result in staining.
- The Top Surface can be treated with weberprim pro seal I,before installation or after installation.
- It is the responsibility of users / applicators to determine condition & suitability of all surfaces; prior to actual application.