The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) which came into force in November 2013 regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. In line with the PDPA, this Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) is to inform you of how we collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the PDPA.
We value your trust and are committed to protecting your personal information. We are therefore committed to protecting the privacy of our customer and strive to provide a safe and secure interaction for all our customers. We understand the importance of privacy and sensitivity of our customers. In the course of our working relationship together, we will be required to obtain and process personal data obtained either from you or other sources. This is so that we may obtain a better understanding of your business and your needs and will enable us to provide a better service to you.
What is personal data?
The type of data collected and processed by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race, residency status, preferred language, current private and/or business address, delivery address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address
- your credit card information and bank account details
- the status of the Products and/or Services you have acquired from us
- information of any existing or past legal issues and disputes with other parties
- any additional information provided by you or third parties about you
- recording of your image via CCTV cameras when you visit our office
- recording of calls placed by you to our office for our service enhancement and improvement
How we process your personal data
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes, without limitation:
- to verify your identity
- to prepare the delivery of notices, services or products and the marketing of such Products and/or Services whether present or future
- to prepare the necessary agreement and/or contract in order for you to enter into to purchase of the Products and/or Services from us (if applicable)
- to conduct marketing and customer profiling activities in connection with our Products and/or Services
- to administer and manage the Products and/or Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts)
- to investigate and resolve any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our Products and/or Services
- to assess and/or verify credit worthiness
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
- product warranty, insurance claims, post customer services
- to produce data, reports and statistics which shall be aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving our Company
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
When & How we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to become our customer, or when you contact us for any enquiries)
- verbal and written communications with us and/or authorized representatives or personnel
- register interest and/or request for information in person or through our online portals
- respond to any marketing materials we send out
- visit any of our offices
- visit or browse our websites
- lodge a complaint with us
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy)
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
Disclosure of your personal data
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- companies and/or organizations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products that you have requested
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
- subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Company.
Right to access and amend personal data
The disclosure of personal data by you is voluntary. You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us. The accuracy and completeness of your personal data depends on the information you provide. We will assume that the information that you have provided is accurate, up to date and complete unless you inform us otherwise. You may access and request for correction of your personal data and to contact us with any enquiries in respect of your personal data as follows:
Saint-Gobain Weber (M) Sdn Bhd
No.29&31, Jalan TIAJ 2/1,
Taman Industri Alam Jaya,
42300 Bandar Puncak Alam,
Selangor D E Malaysia
Telephone : +(603) 6038 9498
Email : weber.msia.admin(at)saint-gobain.com
Website : www.weber.com.my
Upon receipt of your written request, we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access, correct, amend or delete any personal data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes.
We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to
notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Links to Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Statement applies solely to Manewtech-Belle Sdn Bhd (Saint-Gobain Weber (M) Sdn Bhd) and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our websites. To determine how they deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supercede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date policies.